Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Phew

I'm exhausted! Bullets of possible reasons why:
  • It's 86 outside.
  • It FEELS like 96 outside already.
  • It's already 78 in my office, where I'm currently housing the printer, and there is NO ventilation cuz they are fixing the air ducts. (reminder to self....find a fan!)
  • I'm still recuperating from the whirlwind that was our weekend with Haddy and William who came up to Green Bay to visit whilst Mom and Dad had a weekend in Chicago.
  • I slept like crap cuz my "sweet little kitty" D'Argo decided that I needed to wake up to watch the birds with him. GRRRR
Thankfully we installed a new furnace and AC in March, so the house is a wonderful relief; the Jetta's AC was fixed, so Joe doesn't melt on his way to work; and we have not only our neighborhood pool to cool off in after work, but we have our little cute pool to cool off in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi karen...no sympathy from cleveland..94 today excessive heat wave in the 100 degree plus catagory...oi vay..the sad part is one i go outside i have not heard any birds singing and see very few...i did see one robin sitting on my patio fence...he would look at me then at the empty bird bath...if birds are able to give the evil eye trust me this one did...yes i filled the bird bath...guess he was to lazy to check out the bird bath in the shade in the back...think today has been the most offensive so far..my poor dog goes out and comes right back in...she has me well trained to fill her water dish with cold water from the frig...hope everyone had fun with your weekend guests...should i ask your opinion about mel gibson...it keeps better with every news cast...barbara walters said on her show that she will not go see any of his movies in the future...hang in there cool temps have to be on the way...cousin lana ..one more question...what do you have growing behind your daisy

KarenE said...

Keep cool, Lana! The storm front is on its way! About 20 degrees cooler tomorrow (hopefully!).

The plant behind that daisy is a sad looking feverfew. It was droopy that day.