Thursday, August 24, 2006

Alas, poor Pluto....

or... And then there were 8 (planets, that is)

My first impression was the use of mnemonics to remember the previous 9:
  • Men Very Easily Make Jugs Serve Useful Nocturnal Purpose
  • My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas
  • My Very Easy Method-Just Set Up Nine Planets
  • Mary's Violet Eyes Make John Stay Up Nights Praying
  • Mary's Violet Eyes Make John Stay Up Nights, Period.
  • My Very Energetic Mother Just Sat Upon (the) North Pole
  • My Very Elegant Mother Just Sat Upon Nine Porcupines
  • My very educated mother just sent us nine pickles.
  • My very educated mother just served us nine peas.
  • My very excellent memory just served up nine planets.
  • Man very early made jars stand up nearly perpendicular.
(thanks, to Amanda for this list!)

Poor kids, missing out on that pizza! Can't wait to see what the new mnemonics will be!

1 comment:

KarenE said...

Pluto mnemonic device contest:

http://www.kottke.org/06/08/pluto-mnemonic-device-contest-results