Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The decision

The date hasn't been set yet, but we are going through with the surgery to transpose the ulna nerve being compressed by the scar tissue. It's probably going to be early October so hopefully I've healed a bit healed by the holidays. I feel pretty, well, ok. As well as I can be, I suppose.

I'm glad I can do something about the discomfort, the pain, the lack of full recovery from the original injury. I'm freaked out about the prospect of surgery. I only have been "under" twice that I remember: once in the dentist's chair getting stubborn teeth out and once only a few years ago when I had my tonsils taken out. I'm frustrated that I feel like I'm going back to square one as I recuperate from the surgery (no lifting for 6-8 weeks). Therapy won't be fun, but I've been there before in April, so I kind of know what to expect.

I'm ok. I know it's temporary and I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: