Thursday, June 01, 2006

Our world....

It's been crazy around our house lately.

  • Maddy's been sleeping in the BIG GIRL BED now, and to our surprise and delight, it's working! Ok, naps are still a bit of an issue, but the plan is to continually wear the little girl out.
  • Haven't quite figured out how / when she'll be able to give up her nuks. We've weaned her down to only at naptime and bedtime. A HUGE accomplishment. But now I'm not so sure she's ready. I kept on saying "by he UnBirthday June 23", but I don't think it's going to be that soon. Any suggestions?
  • Joe's been working at finding a job. There are some good leads. (Cross fingers)
  • Haddy Bell, William and my folks came to visit last Sunday. It was HOT. It was nuts. It was a delight however to see HB, W and M enjoying each other's company. HB and W are becoming such country kids! The sight of them going up and down the sidewalks with their little scooters was a hoot. It reminded me of my sisters and me, going to Edendale to visit Nana. She lived on a dead-end street, with sidewalks. Such a different sky than in the boonies where we grew up.
  • We're having yet another "Hasta-la-bye-bye Weidner Party" at our house Friday night. Invited the neighbors so they wouldn't be TOO upset with the weirdos coming to the house. It's going to be a crazy night.
  • Had my last therapy appointment for my elbow this morning. After 7 weeks (!), I have gained a lot of motion, some strength, but that damn ulna nerve is still causing me problems. I'm a bit troubled by the fact that it takes days to recover from "over-doing it" (like gardening, picking up Maddy, vaccuming). But I was reassured that it will get better over time. I just have to be patient. Looking at taking a yoga class somewhere this summer to really be able to work at strengthening.
  • Started more therapy this week. This is focused on my back. When I fell, I really did a number on my elbow, but I also pulled muscles in my back. They haven't been quite the same since. So I'm seeing "Sven" to help me loosen up. Ugh. After the first day, I had a headache for 2 days. Wish me luck!
Cheers!

No comments: