Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The only constant thing is ...

Yes, I know the old adage but I tell you, it can be a bit tiring having so many things change at once. I'd like plain old boring for at least a LITTLE while please.

Since January, just 6 short months, it's been such a whirlwind with a growing child, broken bones, damaged nerves, the challenge of job changes, keeping our marriage intact despite my craziness and our stress, and other sundry family upheavals. I'd like this crazy roller-coaster to just pause for, say, maybe a week. I'd re-charge my batteries and remember how it feesl like when I could tackle the stresses of these days.

Until then, I'll take what I can, do my yoga when I am able (YEAH!), take the time to visit with friends and family, remember to breath, and remind myself that people less-equipped emotionally / financially can do what we need to do in order to move on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

karen...i agree with you a week or even a few days of boring would be most welcome at times...but when things get hectic/crazy etc in my life i can always here what my mom always told me......its builds character...there were times that i would respond with mom i have way more character than i can deal with...i hope that at least brings a smile to you...and remember it builds character..,your cousin in cleveland who has just way to much character....lana

KarenE said...

*laughing* YES, I too seem to be filled up to the brim with character!

***ps...thanks for being so great about commenting! It helps know that my little ole' blog does get read by someone! :)

Anonymous said...

Drew and I spent the weekend doing a pile of nothing. We watched some World Cup, we swam in the lake, we went grocery shopping. We sat on the couch. We napped. We ate dinner on the living room floor while watching terrible B movies on SciFi.

It was the best gift we could have given ourselves, because in the midst of our moving-marriage-job-life-family chaos, our relationship was getting lost. We found it again, and I feel incredibly lucky.

May you find some quiet time to recharge, too!