Saturday, April 22, 2006

20 years of horror

I was 16 when this happened. I knew it was horrific, but in true teen-style, I knew it couldn't effect me! It happened "over there".

This is my homage to those families and communities who survived the Chernobyl Disaster. There's some disturbing pictures in this photo-essay, illustrating that the horror hasn't stopped. (found at Boing Boing)

Nuclear Nightmares: Twenty years since Chernobyl
Due to expanding energy needs and the dangers of global warning, the development of new sources of energy has become a top priority worldwide. As new ideas and technologies are tested it is important to remember past errors and their repercussions lasting centuries. The twentieth anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident is not only a time to reflect on the horrors inflicted on so many people, but also to question future energy strategies and their potential impacts on the planet.

More links:

No comments: