Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Eavesdropping

I don't really understand the surprise some have felt over the recent reports that the GWB administration eavesdrops on domestic calls.

(Fear not, I'm not going to step on my soap-box and publicize (again) my personal political philosophies.)

What I WILL do is express my own surprise that it was addressed by, of all possible media, USA Today, the Readers' Digest equivalent of newspapers!

Oh, and I noticed something a bit odd today....

I use yahoo's MyYahoo feature - where you can have headlines from various news sources on one page. Strange that this is what CNN.com's headlines first said (until very quickly correctly): (click on it to see it full-size)










and this is the CNN.com's "correct headline".



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

karen...im sure that the gwb administration is still trying to figure out my phone conversations...i figure it keeps them awake and wondering and i hope i can entertain them with a few laffs...maybe i should charge them an entertainment fee......if you have not read this months vanity fair get a copy two very interesting articles on katrina...cousin lana

Anonymous said...

Never been better to be ordinary then...