Monday, April 28, 2008

Steven's obituary

Eckberg, Steven

Steven Eckberg, Grand View, Wis., formerly of Green Bay, died April 20, 2008, doing what he loved best on a wonderful spring day, riding his motorcycle. He was always grateful to God for "another beautiful day in paradise". Steven enjoyed living in Grand View, where he could "coon" hunt with his best bud, "Bub" and the fishing was always good there too. Lake Superior was a great place for sailing, another of his passions. Steve loved the wind in his face, or his nose in a good book from the Drummond Library.

He was born to Clarence and Elizabeth (Betty) Eckberg on Aug. 28, 1952, in Green Bay, Wis. He is survived by his mother, brothers and sisters; also nephews and cousins.

Memorial service will be May 17, at 10 a.m. at the Oconto Catholic Cemetery in Oconto. Burial in Oconto Catholic Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been set up at PCM Credit Union - Steven Eckberg, 781 Willard, Green Bay, WI 54304. Memorial proceeds will be donated in Steven's name to the Drummond Library.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you and Joe and Maddy. Thinking of you -

mariosa said...

Hi Karen, My name is Mariosa and Steve was my first cousin. I was on the internet to get more information as to what happened to him when your blog came up. My brother Larry and I figure that you must be married to one of Bob or Mikes sons, as you said Steve was your father in laws brother. My deepest sympathy to your family. Steve was a good guy. Mariosa(mary le mieux) Thanks for your post.

mariosa said...

Hi Karen , you dont know me but I was Steves first cousin. mary. My brother Larry and I live near Milwaukee. I grew up with Steve . My brother and I figure that you are married to one our cousin Bob or Mikes' sons. I was searching for more information on steves deaths via google when your blog showed up. I appreciate your post. Deepest sympathy to your family. Mariosa (mary le mieux)
mari_osa@hotmail.com