Thursday, May 17, 2007

Life

I've always loved Thursdays. It's a time to look forward to the weekend and give thanks for all that has happened.

Trapeze artist:
Maddy going on the "crazy swing"



We spent a wonderful Mother's Day weekend at the cottage (just inside Door County). I let my dear daughter become a next-generation tree-rat., thanks to her uncles. The highest she went up was probably 25 feet. OMG. I must have been crazy!

Going UP!
Going UP!

This is Maddy, doing "ROCK STAR" - probably at 15 feet. So calm - no fear.
Rock star, at 15 feet.


Her uncles, tree arborists Justin & Zac, are the epitomy of tree-rat.

The tree-rats

All in all, a beautiful weekend....
Sunset over the Bay

Thankfully we have the new(to us) car and a fully-functioning replaced sump-pump. We spent a VERY enjoyable evening seeing the LION KING in Appleton last evening. Wow. See it if you are able. I just spent 3 hours with the rest of the faculty and staff in recognition of the college's hard work this past academic year. Maddy and I are getting over the frakin' cough we both had from our spring allergy attacks. The plants are growing (like weeds) in the "greenhouse" and we're making strides finding someone to till the LARGE plot. (Thanks to my dear husband who suffered an injury removing the sod to make it larger.)

This weekend, we will be hosting dear niece Alison and dear niece Samantha. Maddy is so excited to see her cousins. They haven't been able to spend a lot of time together as they live in Lodi (home of Susie the Duck). Haven't a clue as to what we will do, but I don't think that's going to be a problem. Sunday is also Joe and my 7th wedding anniversary. :)

If you want to see more pictures, check out my flickr page!

No comments: