Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ramblings...

  • I've finished Eragon and am starting Lisey's Story (that I got for Joe for his birthday). I like Eragon and look forward to reading the next in the series. I am a rabid SK fan (thanks to Joe). My favorite SK book is Insomnia, but the Dark Tower series is close behind. I'm getting into the groove of Lisey's Story. Wasn't quite sure at the beginning, but it's pretty bool, I mean cool. :)

  • We had two fun days of holiday celebrations at work. Tuesday was the college-wide holiday bruncheon and yesterday was our departments 2-hour party. FUN! Did I mention that I love my job? Did I mention that I love the fact that the President of the college allows, nay ENCOURAGE, members of the college to share their musical talents by performing in the faculty & staff band or chorus? Did I mention that I love the fact that despite not being able to finish music school (twice) because of severe chronic tendonitis and fibromyalgia, I am able to continue enjoying my love of music by becoming the band and the chorus conductor?

  • Today is the last day I work this week, then the next few weeks are going to be wacky.
    • 22nd: To Madison after Joe is done with work, staying with my folks at Chez Wood
    • 23rd: In the morning, the Hicks, the Klanns, Paul and Julie are all coming to the house for a "traditional" holiday celebration. This was the best part every year while growing up. The five kids would bring instruments and with Jack on the piano, well it was magic. In the afternoon of the 23rd, we will celebrate MADDY'S 3RD BIRTHDAY. Oh my god, do the years fly! In between all of this chaos, my goal is to ENJOY and remain CALM. :)
    • 24th: Back to GB - evening to Grandma the Great Parins' house to celebrate with 20+ of the Parins' family.
    • 25th: MERRY CHRISTMAS at our beautiful house
    • 26th: Boxing Day at Grandma Betty's with the Eckbergs
    • 27th: Karen to work
    • 28th til Jan 2nd: Karen off work! Joe has to work a few of those days, but it's going to be quite nice to not have to work! Maddy is looking forward to that too.
  • Go Packers Go!
Holiday greetings to you all!

No comments: