Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Week 7

I made it to Week #7. 33 more to go. Feeling nauseous still, but I'm quite glad about that. It means everything is working as it should.

Since my first miscarriage last April, I've contemplated keeping subsequent pregnancies secret until a certain time. We didn't keep anything secret in November & we had miscarriage #2. I've tried to figure out why I haven't kept this one a secret. I think I know why.

I need the support of whatever happens. There are no guarantees, even once we hit the magic week #12 mark. My dear cousin Danielle lost a baby when she 8 months pregnant. I'm high risk due to the previous miscarriages, the surgery to remove 5 fibroids (which is believed to be the contributing factor of the miscarriages), as well as my age. I'm 39 years old. Not a spring-chick anymore.

It's purely selfish of me to want to have this support from friends and family. My coworkers were among the first to know cuz they see me daily. Besides, the office water must have hormones in it - there are many pregnant women at the college and guys whose wives just gave birth or will any day now.

No comments: