Tuesday, November 25, 2008

i'm ok

I'll be ok. Right now, I'm in a haze. I'm at work, having been off since Wednesday afternoon. My co-workers have been so supportive.

Joe's been working too much, and has been sleeping poorly. I don't know whether he's told his work. I hope so.

Maddy's been talking about Uncle Steven dying again - her way of dealing with death. This morning, as we were getting ready for our day, I said I was still pretty sad. She said she was too. I told her that it's always ok to talk about feelings. We talked a little bit about the two babies who died and I told her that we really didn't know why they died. She looked at me and smiled and said "Isn't it great that I didn't die!" .

Wow. She hit it on the head. She is such a special kid. She is definitely someone who is helping me keep it together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, my, I am so sorry.
I lost a baby just before my daughter's second birthday... we talked about how that tiny baby had to fly away, but we would all stay here... a month or so later, she told her daddy, "We need to get a new tiny baby for Mommy's belly."
It's hard to feel blessed with the child we have and mourn the ones we've lost at the same time, but there it is.

KarenE said...

Thank you, Kathleen. It is, isn't it. This is the 2nd miscarriage in 7 months. I don't think Maddy, who will be 5 on December 23, believes me when I told her I actually had been pregnant. I didn't look at all like the other women who we've known.

Oh well. We are blessed. She's a hoot. But I feel oddly certain that the two lost children will someday find their way back to us. I don't know how or when. Maybe in another lifetime.

All I know is that I'm grateful that I do have a fairly optimistic point of view. That in itself is a blessing.

Thanks for everything.