Wednesday, April 04, 2007

of weather, naps, and UUs...

As promised, spring time isn't quite ready to stay. We have flurries and a high of only 30 today. It is Wisconsin, you know. 7 years ago, it was freezing cold at the end of May. I was nervous that the ground would still be frozen for our outside wedding. T.S. Eliot was right. April is the cruelest month, teasing us with the possibilities of full-blown spring.

Despite Ma Nature's joke, Stacey, Jodi & I have planned the vegetable garden. Last year's was indeed a learning experience.

I've been in a very tired state the past month. A lot of this has to do with the new med I'm on to treat a mild anxiety disorder I've recently been diagnosed with. It's very mild but the worrying and the anxiety I've felt over the littlest things was driving me (and my family) nuts. My doctor prescribed meds and possibly a therapist to hopefully relieve some of this damn "working mommy guilt" I've been feeling. Unfortunately, I haven't been to the fitness center a whole lot the past month. I've been taking that time for napping. I know I need to get back into the routine, but it's been a bit hard. *sigh*

The best news is that we did indeed get to the GB Unitarian Universalist fellowship as I said we would! Last weekend, Joe, Maddy, myself and Jodi checked it out. It's a new fellowship (comparatively anyway) and has about 60 adult members. I loved it. I think what I miss most of all in a church is the community fellowship. We're planning on going again this Sunday.

Be well. :)

No comments: