Thursday, January 18, 2007

LIfe

I feel energized! As I mentioned as the new year began a few short weeks ago, I'm consciously making the effort to do my body (and mind) good. In week 2:
  • I've been able to rearrange my work schedule so that I work 8-2, Monday through Friday. I now have a few hours 2 days of a week to take a breath - do errands if needed - take a quick nap before I need to pick up Maddy at her Nana's. I now have 3 hours the other 3 days of the week to be able to WORK OUT at the YWCA - cardio, strength & swimming!
  • I've signed up for 2 days of yoga Mondays and Wednesdays at work! They are offering it for free. Did I mention, though not working in a library right now, that I love my job and my place of employment? :D
  • I am in a FIT CLUB at work - a team of 4. We're "The Leaner of the Pack". LOL We count points daily for things like doing 15 minutes of stress management, 7 hours of sleep the night before, 5 servings of fruits & vegetables, 50 oz. of water, etc.
  • Organize an evening AWAY on Saturday for Joe and I. My folks are giving us a night at a nice posh hotel in Appleton for the evening as a belated anniversary present (Thanks, Mom & Dad), and Joe's folks are taking care of Madeline for the afternoon & evening (Thanks, Mom & Dad!). It's partially a birthday party for me and our friend Tom - our B'day is celebrated Wednesday (the 24th).
I am hopeful this weight can be shed.
I am hopeful my cholesterol will be lower when I get it checked in May.
I am hopeful the higher levels dopamine & serotonin will increase my mood.

Life is good!

No comments: