Wednesday, January 24, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!

I love birthdays. Always have!

When I was a young child living in Michigan, my folks would take me and friends to the circus, which was always in town in Janaury. We moved from Grand Rapids to Fitchburg, Wisconsin, a week after my ninth birthday. My 3rd grade teacher (Mrs. Scripsema), who happened to have also been my 1st grade teacher, was the best teacher to have as a kid.

My most treasured kid-birthday gift was a huge homemade construction card/book with cards my classmates made for me. I still have both of these cards. They are priceless. (I won't go into detail about my least-treasured birthday, but it had to do with seeing an ex-boyfriend and his "Italian hussy".)

So for this birthday, besides going out last Saturday, I'm celebrating it by yoga practice today, swimming this afternoon, watching Maddy enjoy herself at dance class (that ballerina!), and having dinner delivered by good friends of ours tonight. Tomorrow, we're all going to a former SLISter's house (thanks, Michelle!) to introduce our families to each other. Friday, probably with Joe's mom. Saturday, out dancing with a girls-night-out! :)

I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!

No comments: