Friday, July 21, 2006

What a week....

Although my high school grades say otherwise, I appreciate science, math, and get engrossed by television shows about quantum physics and quantum mechanics. I don't understand any of it, but I appreciate it.

"W" has had a busy week ... groping Chancellor Merkel, encouraging the escalation of events in Israel and Lebanon, and now, using his veto power for the first time.

Annie, Katie and Ann at inkycircus.com (life in a girl nerd world) is a great science blog for women. Their recent blog about "W" says it well:

But the thing is that scientists do think. They are not evil geniuses, they are smart, curious, well-trained people trying to give you and me a better life. Cutting off their funding at source doesn't help them to see the error of their ways. It limits their power to change things, and to find cures and solutions and treatments. And it makes people like me a little pissed off. more....


Indeed it does...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi karen...i cant believe that georgie was gropping the german chancellor...has he not watched any of the movies or slide presentations on sexual harassment...this man can not function on his own..example his conversation with blair...talking with his mouth full...my mom would have had something to say if i tried that...now his spin doctors are trying to say what a warm fuzzy man he is...the next day he was filmed rubbing some mans cheek....oh please give me a break....do they really think we believe that...many of my friends who voted for him are now sorry they did...i love the photo of your daisy
...i wish i could grow them in my yard...but they do not like my dirt ...what do you have growing behind the daisy..
take care and stay cool...lana