Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend

We had a pretty wonderful weekend, all things being equal. Maddy stayed at her G'ma's on Friday night to allow Joe and I an evening out. My last day at the tech college was on Friday. My co-workers sent me off with presents, food, and lots of hugs. It was a very nice end of a very nice job.

I sort of melted down (ok, I really melted down) on Friday night. I wish I was in a better frame of mind to go dancing or even enjoy myself and the group of people who went out with us, but I think the changes to come starting TODAY really hit me. It'll all be good, I know. And I know they hired me because they know I can do the job, but Oh...MY...Gods.... I am basically tackling 2 full-time jobs. One as faculty, one as solo-librarian. EEEK goes my brain. I want to do the best job I can; I just don't want to go crazy doing it!

My first day is today. Wish me LUCK and all that.

4 comments:

Jenica said...

Good luck good luck good luck!

Jamie said...

You'll be great, Karen! It's ALWAYS scary starting a new job and leaving something that is familiar, but I have found it to be worth it!

Anonymous said...

You'll be great! Hope the first few days are going well. And I don't think you need much luck at all, really -- just good wishes, which you have in abundance.

:^)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you survived the week and your head is still intact. ;) NOW you should go out dancing with those fun friends. HUGS