Thursday, September 14, 2006

Something you don't see everyday....

Northeast Wisconsin doesn't have much in the way of violent assaults. Murders are (fairly and thankfully) rare. It's not 100% free of violence, but it's a small enough town that violence isn't prevalent.

Last night, however, there was an armed robbery - with a knife. No one was hurt. The suspect was still at large when I drove to work.

As I was driving to work, I noticed two police cars in from of a motel - one marked, the other un-marked - blocking entrance to the motel. It struck me as odd, so I kept looking, and it was then I noticed police surrounding the outside perimeter of the motel with weapons drawn. One of those weapons was a rifle. EEP! Not something you see everyday!!! It turned out to be a false alarm, but oh man, it got my attention!

No comments: